MIDWEST CRICKET CONFERENCE – CODE OF CONDUCT
‘Code of Conduct’ produced below, is a reminder to all players, officials and administrative staff of this league that Cricket is a game which has a rich tradition of sportsmanship behind it. All those involved with the league/game are expected to uphold this tradition and spirit of the game.
- Lack of Knowledge about the existence of THE CODE OF CONDUCT, is not an excuse for any CODE VIOLATION
- Captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the spirit of the game as well as within the Laws.
- Players shall not at any time engage in conduct that could bring them or the game into disrepute.
- Players must at all times accept the Umpire’s decision AND not show dissent of any kind
- Players shall not use crude or abusive language (Sledging) nor make offensive gestures.
- Players shall not AT ANY TIME engage in conduct that may jeopardize use of the cricketing facility.
- Players shall not consume any alcoholic beverages during the game.
- Officiating crew and Administrative personnel must understand that their duties and responsibilities are to facilitate the game & NOT conduct themselves in ways so as to;
o show bias and/or be prejudiced in their decision making
o misuse their position and/or powers in any way
o bring disrepute to the offices they hold, to the league and the GAME itself
Application and Enforcement of the Code:
- Code of Conduct will serve as a guide to the Judiciary Committee in decision making.
- Code of Conduct is applicable to all the games played within MCC, including league, regional, cup and representative games.
- The set of codes published is not an EXCLUSIVE list but an INCLUSIVE list – any violation not falling under the purview of any of the Codes set forth shall be decided on a case to case basis. The Judiciary Committee along with the Executive Board may in addition to, or as an alternative to any of the penalties, impose a different set of penalties and probation as it deems fit.
- Penalties could be in the form of suspension for games, fines or both. Maximum penalties are intended for the worst violations or for repeat offenders.
- The period of suspension will be specified as a number of games (inclusive of life) and shall be served in the same year (includes playoffs) in which the infraction occurred. If the period is not completed in a given season it must be carried over to the next or subsequent seasons.
- Suspension from one division means suspension from any/all MCC activities/events – cup matches, regional games and MCC representative matches till the suspension is served.
- No player under probation shall hold any office in the MCC until after the end of the probationary period.
- Crude, abusive language or offensive gestures by any player (inside/outside the field) to other players or the umpire
- Failure of a Batsman to leave the field when declared “Out” by Umpire
- Players involved in minor incidents, after having received a warning or caution.
- Automatic Probation for a 6 month period from the date of imposition
- Fine of up to US $50.00
- Captain, MCC Officers or Board members involved in any of Level I infractions
- Any audible on-field expression of criticism or dissent by a player to an Umpire’s decision, whether or not it is expressed directly at an Umpire
- Confrontational or threatening language or gesture directed at an Umpire or player(s)
- Failure to comply with an Umpire’s instruction
- Any player under probation committing another Level I infraction OR committing repetitive Level I infractions
- Automatic Probation for a 1 year period from the date of imposition
- Fine of up to US $100.00
- Suspension for a period encompassing up to 5 MCC scheduled games.
- These infractions are considered the worst of its kind & max penalties can be applied.
- Player consuming alcohol, narcotics or controlled substance during the game or playing under the influence of the above
- Captains involved in Level II infraction
- Any player or team involved in any physical abuse of equipment or facilities
- Player/team engaging in conduct which jeopardizes future use of ground facilities
- A player under suspension violating any of the previously imposed penalties.
- Automatic Probation for a 2 year period to commence after the suspension term is served
- Fine of up to US $250.00
- Suspension for a period of not less than 3 MCC scheduled games.
- Any act of physical aggression or violence towards a Player, Umpire or Spectator
- Captain involved in a Level III infraction
- Automatic Probation for a 2 year period to commence after suspension
- Fine of up to US $250.00
- Suspension of not less than 8 MCC scheduled games